Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday Night Genie Fun

Thanks to Randy Seaver (geniemusings.com) for this one:
1) How old is one of your grandfathers now, or how old would he be if he had lived? Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."

2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ancestral name list (some people call it an "ahnentafel"). Who is that person?

3) Tell us three facts about that person in your ancestral name list with the "roulette number."

4) Write about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a Facebook note or comment, or as a comment on this blog post.

5) If you do not have a person's name for your "roulette number" then spin the wheel again - pick a grandmother, or yourself, a parent, a favorite aunt or cousin, or even your children!


For me, my grandpa Alfred Jorgensen was born in May 1899, so he would be 111 years old if he was still alive. (My other grandpa Lester would be 99 years old if still alive.)
So 111 divided by 4 and rounded is 28. Person 28 in my TMG is Cole Allison.
1. Cole Allison is currently 10 years old.
2. Cole is my cousin's son.
3. Cole was the ring bearer in my wedding.
If I did person 25, that is a different cousin's son (surname still Allison).

This was rather fun, but I love math and genealogy. I think since I am younger than the average genealogist, maybe I should've gone another generation back, so I am not writing about a living person. However I don't think I said anything too much to give away too much identity to those people who like to steal that information.
Another note: Woohoo, my third post for January, so I have a bonus. If I get busy during a month, I will still be on schedule for posting.

1 comment: