Well a bit late, but the holidays are busy as usual.
Time to review my goals from 2016:
1. I attended about 14 sessions of genchat this year. (pretty much met goal, which was 16)
2. Do 2 webinars or videos, I did one
3. Go to 2 genealogy conferences, I went to one (didn't find another close by that interested me)
4. Blog twice a month or 24 times
I blogged 9 times, and have 2 drafts in progress, so close to half
5. Work on projects for clients
1. Update the local cemetery directory
Done in May before Memorial day
2. Continue adding photos on Findagrave for cemeteries
This one wasn't very measurable but I finished the ones I wanted to do, plus did others
3. Continue indexing marriage records and put online
Made progress, got through some quick letters (Q, U, V) and helped do a little with FamilySearch indexing.
4. Continue quarterly updates of my GenWeb site
I did some updates, particularly when I added the above marriage records, but probably not quarterly
1. Do timelines for 12 ancestors
Not even sure if I got one done
2. Continue regular quarterly backups
I did a backup in the 3rd quarter, so need to do this more
3. Finish husband's Mayflower application
Progress made, but need to do more
4. Do my DAR application
Progress made, working on getting records so I can submit soon
5. Continue working on my research To Do List
This is also not very measurable but some progress was made.
I seem to be much better at the first two categories than the last. Always putting others first, I guess. But I've been focusing on my own for the first 10 years or so, so these last 4 1/2 I can focus on others.
I don't think I did too bad, but always room for improvement. Well I have things to carry over for next year....well this year now. I also need new ideas, so if you have different goals than mine, let me know. It's always good to share ideas.