Friday, January 3, 2014

Genealogy goals for 2014

Can you believe it is 2014? I can't. Had trouble typing the right year.
So it is time to make goals for a new year.

PERSONAL GOALS
1. Finish husband's Mayflower application.
2. Go to Family History Center to research.
3. Continue working on my lines as noted in my Ancestry.com notes
4. Continue doing regular backups.

PROFESSIONAL GOALS
1. Continue attending #genchat on Twitter. I learn and get reminded of so much during these times.
2. Do one webinar or video for genealogy education.
3. Go to 2 genealogy conferences, Nebraska state and one other.
4. Blog twice a month or 24 times for the year.

VOLUNTEER GOALS
1. Finish cemetery directory at local cemetery where i am on the board by March having up at cemetery by April 15 (weather permitting).
2. Finish photographing Shelby cemeteries and possibly start another. Finish adding photos online on Findagrave to Osceola cemetery.
3. Start indexing marriages in Polk county and put online.
4. Update and maintain Polk county GenWeb web site.

That's all for me. Stay tuned to see how i do.

2 comments:

  1. Great list of goals for 2014 Beth! Lots of variety and very hands on! Good luck! I hope you accomplish it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So impressed - I'm revising and completing my list this weekend - thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete