Friday, March 30, 2018

1888 Stromsburg book

Last fall I helped digitize church records. So this got me thinking about more digitizing. A discussion on Facebook led to noting a few books in the library that are irreplaceable. No, they're not your Danielle Steel or Stephen King collection. It's those OLD local history books. Copyright lasts for approximately 70 years, so anything before that should be in the public domain. So I took pictures of this book. I was going to post it on GenWeb but Rootsweb is down and I haven't gotten around to moving it. Someone suggested my blog, so here are the photos of that book. I apologize for blurriness on one picture. I must have moved. I did scan this one too. Just takes a bit more time to put those on. I should work on my digitization, maybe get a better camera and a tripod to avoid some of this.

STROMSBURG, NEBRASKA Advantages and Needs
Published by the committee of John D. Haskell, Chairman; A. Coleman; P. T. Buckley; Lewis Headstrom and Alex Scott.






























1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I was wondering if they were saved as searchable PDF files, or could be. Some time ago I made the Methodist centennial book into a PDF series, but haven't tried to search on it. It's at the library.

    ReplyDelete