I have found putting my goals in 3 categories is helpful: professional goals, personal goals and volunteer goals. It seems as though my personal goals are always the least done and the last done. Putting others before myself, but I did spend many years, at least 5, tracing my own genealogy most of the time, so perhaps it's just time to give back.
1. Attend at least 20 sessions of #genchat this year.
I think I attended about 17 so I did well.
2. Do 2 webinars or videos for genealogy education
I did one, so half.
3. Go to 2 genealogy conferences this year.
I did go to two, one 2-day state conference and a 1-day.
4. Blog twice a month or 24 times in a year.
Well I think I can count a blog that was about me on geneabloggers where I had to answer questions. I mean I mostly wrote it. So adding that one gets me to 18 posts for a year. Close again. I would've made it to 20 after completing my December ancestor and this post (which should be a December one).
5. Continue family research and scanning for clients.
I made progress on both of these, but I for sure have more scanning to do and may have more research on that project.
1. Update the cemetery directory
I did this in May, and further added a correction in August.
2. Continue adding photos in Findagrave and taking photos in county cemeteries.
Progress made, added photos for about 4 blocks of gravestones. Nearly done photographing another.
3. Continue scanning marriage index, and transcribing it and put online.
Scanned several more letters, and nearly have surname B finished transcribing.
4. Continue regular updates of GenWeb site.
I think I updated it once, so failed on this one.
1. Do timelines for 12 ancestors (the ones I write about monthly)
I think I did 2 so I need to do better here too.
2. Continue regular/quarterly backups
I did a couple backups to my external hard drive and a little to Dropbox. I am thinking of looking for another source for backups, that would go automatically.
3. Finish husband's Mayflower application and do DAR application for me.
Not sure I made any progress here, none that I can recall or marked down.
4. Continue working on my Ancestry To Do list.
Progress made. I need to improve this goal as it is general and not real easy to measure.
I think that's about it. So next to think about 2016, what comes next.