Yesterday I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog award by Cheri Hudson Passey of Carolina Girl Genealogy http://carolinagirlgenealogy.blogspot.com/
Thank you Cheri. I'm in some good company in that list.
So now the rules of the award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire or however many you can come up with
4. Contact those bloggers to let them know you nominated them.
7 Things about me:
1. My name is Beth, not Elizabeth
2. I am the mother of 2 kids, a boy age 6 1/2 and girl 2 1/2. I am under 50 and not a grandmother yet.
3. I was born in Nebraska and have always lived in the Husker state. GO BIG RED!!
4. I began researching my family about 12 years ago, when I was in my late 20's.
5. I now work part time as a receptionist in a dental office. I love the hours as I still get to do genealogy, and like my co-workers.
6. I like to relax by doing various genealogy tasks on the computer: adding photos to Findagrave or transcribing.
7. My parents were both teachers. I have a degree in education, my grandmother was a teacher. On my mom's side of the family at one time, we could probably open a school with all the teachers in our family.
Blogs I admire and nominate for the award:
1. Hack Genealogy Blog by Thomas MacEntee http://hackgenealogy.com/category/blog/ If it has to do with technology or social media, he is ALL over it
2. Ancestral Breezes Blog by Jen Baldwin http://ancestralbreezes.blogspot.com/ She is also our host of #genchat two Friday evenings a month
3. 4 Your Family Story blog by Caroline Pointer http://www.4yourfamilystory.com/blog#.VCF_zMRDv8c She always has tips about what genealogy things you NEED to know
4. Genealogy's Star by James Tanner http://genealogysstar.blogspot.com/
5. Rootdig by Michael John Neill http://rootdig.blogspot.com/
6. You Go Genealogy Girls Blog by Ruby Coleman & Cheri Hopkins http://yougogenealogygirls.blogspot.com/
7. AnceStories by Miriam J. Robbins http://ancestories1.blogspot.com/
8. Nutfield Genealogy by Heather Wilkinson Rojo http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/
9. Genea-Musings by Randy Seaver http://www.geneamusings.com/ He does Saturday night genealogy fun
10. Long Lost Relatives by Susan Petersen http://longlostrelatives-smp.blogspot.com/
Okay I came up with 10. I am sure there are tons more and I think a couple of these have already been nominated, but I must admit I don't read as many as I should. Okay, hopefully people will see these and now I have to contact them.