Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday's Faces from the Past: Husband's ancestor Nellie Armina (Richert) Foresman



This is a photo of Nellie Armina (Richart) Foresman. She is an ancestor of my husband.
Nellie was born August 22, 1870 in Hancock County, Illinois to Oscar Emmet and Caroline (Ramsey) Richart.
She married James Piatt Foresman on March 28, 1893 in Dallas City, Hancock County, Illinois. To this union, six children were born, 3 boys and 3 girls, namely Harry Oscar Foresman, Lloyd Emmet Foresman, Hugh Richart Foresman, Ruth Irene Foresman, Bessie Loraine Foresman, and Mary Louese Foresman.
Nellie passed away July 18, 1936 in Niota, Hancock County, Illinois and is buried in the Harris Cemetery (near Dallas City) in Hancock County, Illinois.
Through Nellie is where I found my husband's Mayflower ancestor, so I do have marriage license and death certificate for her, as well as this photo which I scanned in at my father-in-law's and her gravestone photo.
She is quite a pretty young lady; I do not know when this photo was taken although my guess would be around the time of her marriage.
Please contact me if you are related to this family. Thanks for reading.

1 comment: