Saturday Night Genealogy Fun
Okay Saturday night was football for me, so this is Sunday genealogy fun.
This week Randy Seaver of GeneaMusings has offered up a genetic genealogy game for us to play! Here is the mission:
1. List your matrilineal line - your mother, her mother, etc. back to the first identifiable mother. Note: this line is how your mitochondrial DNA was passed to you!
2. Tell us if you have had your mitochondrial DNA tested, and if so, which Haplogroup you are in.
3. Post your responses on your own blog post, in Comments to this blog post, or in a Status line on Facebook or in your Stream at Google Plus.
4. If you have done this before, please do your father's matrilineal line, or your grandfather's matrilineal line, or your spouse's matrilineal line.
5. Does this list spur you to find distant cousins that might share one of your matrilineal lines?
My matrilineal line looks something like this:
1. Me, and then my mother (we're both still alive and mom doesn't like too much of her info online)
2. Mom's mom, my grandma Pamelia (Regnier) Seggerman
3. Her mom, Katherine "Katie" (Dacy) Regnier
4. Her mom, Lucy Bridget (Crahan) Dacy
And that's as far as I go because Lucy Bridget (Crahan) Dacy is Irish, immigrated from Ireland, and my Irish are my brick wall ancestors.
2. I have had my DNA tested but it was through Ancestry.com so I did not have my mitochondrial DNA tested. I don't know which my Haplogroup is.
5. I have found some cousins who share Lucy Bridget (Crahan) Dacy as an ancestor and they don't know much more than I do. Would love to find cousins with an interest in researching any common lines.