December 31, 2010
Happy New Year's Eve to everyone! And Happy New Year! Today is a good day to reflect on 2010 and plan for 2011.
I had a successful genealogy year in 2010. I made leaps and bounds on my husband's genealogy, tracing one line back to Isaac Allerton of the Mayflower. I made books of genealogy info for my husband's siblings and father, and folders for my step-mother-in-law and her kids. I finished photographing a couple cemeteries and put them on Findagrave.com. I continued to meet with my local genealogy buddies about monthly, and we scheduled Megan Smolenyak to come via Skype to our small town. And I started a genealogy blog.
Now to plan for 2011, here are my goals, in no particular order:
1. To finish my husband's Mayflower application
2. To finish photographing the Osceola Cemetery and put it on Findagrave and possibly start another one
3. To have a sizable (at least 20) group attend our event March 28 with Megan Smolenyak
4. To write a blog at least twice a month (24 times a year)
5. To update my Kearney County NE GenWeb web site at least monthly
6. Organize: Set aside 1 hour each week to organize, whether it be my computer or papers
7. Look into the NGS Home Study course
8. Research: Continue to research, and hopefully into records with which I have less experience (land records, probate records, etc.)
9. To do a better job at keeping up with my obit transcripts, to have each month done by the 10th of the following month
10. To keep up reading my emails better, to get no more than a month behind in reading the GenWeb ones.
Well I think that's enough. I have some personal goals too, for our finance, our family and my spiritual life. That could keep me busy all year I think. Stay tuned to see how I'm doing, and feel free to poke and prod me with any particular goal!